Saturday, July 15, 2017

Altered Headphones with Impasto Paints

Hello creative friends! I am really excited
to share some upcoming works with you all! Including todays post! 
For the Creativation show going on this weekend, i was tasked to create
using Finn's new paints and mediums. Now, if you know me , I LOVE mixed media. 
But i also LOVE to use papers and otehr items as well. So to use just paints?!?!?
I was stumped at first! When i finally let go i ended up having fun. Some of them are 
fun and whimsical and i thoroughly enjoyed them (like today's post). 
And some of them show major room for improvement, and thats OKAY! We all have
to constantly grow right? So this was a great learning opportunity
for me! If you are in Utah stop by the Prima booth and check out the works! Mine 
are there :) 
So without any more rambling, well maybe a bit more lol. . . 
I had this pair of neon headphones that were broken in my stash for ages. 
I knew one day i would find something to do. Some altered items just can't be 
covered with paper easily, and I knew these were not worth the time and effort with paper. 
so boom, paint time! The new Impasto Paints are AMAZING! the rich, heavy body, 
super pigmented colors are so so pretty! I have a few videos showing my process coming up
and you can definitely water them down and even make sprays out of them! So
the possibilities are endless! And the colors are perfect! So i just went to town using my 
fave colors, Jade, Azure, Green Apple. The large rust paste sets. Art stones. 
so fun! Full product list below! Click the pix and you will be directed right to Scrapbook.com
whom I affiliate for to purchase these items if you are interested in any of them :)
I truly hope you like my project! it really was fun! 
March to the beat of your own drum :) xoxoxoxoxo


 I really wanted the paints to take center stage, so i only embellished with a few butterflies. And then
where the ears rest i added soem mechanicals. Thats it :)


Supplies Used:
                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment